Sunday, March 2, 2008

Testing Testing 1, 2, 3, 4...






I love testing. It's usually a great way to update your book(portfolio), stay in great posing shape and sometimes add images/looks in your book that you longed for, or sometimes entering a new market models would have to get new photos suitable for that market. Beginning models normally their portfolio with a few good tests. There are times when you would have to pay for a good test, one might set your off about $350-$500. Lots of times it will get done for free, that's usually when photographers/photographer assistants/stylists/makeup artist get ideas to build up their own books choose certain models for that. Every now and then I will feature a few of my wonderful tests for you to enjoy and the photographers and styling team that made it all possible. Here I featured a test from photographer Rick Day. Location Miami Beach
TIP: It is always a good idea to let your agency know if you're thinking about testing or if there is someone interested in testing you. Nowadays, it is a really good idea knowing the right people are taking your photos. If you're a beginner model and don't have an agency, don't be afraid to ask to see the person's book. You definitely have a right to know who you're dealing with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mala you have a new reader. I was on a forum where someone posted the new OceanStyle Magazine with Nadine Willis on the cover and I realized with so many ads I never knew when campaigns contained Caribbean models, well I started to compile a list and another poster included your name. How surprised I was to realize you have a blog. Well I'll be stopping by every once in a while and I wish you much success. Oh and you are gorgeous. Live life to the fullest.
Peace.

Anonymous said...

mala i think u are beautiful in every way possible... keep it up my girl!!! ur Ingrid..