Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Still here :-)

The past year for me has been a rough one. I lost my grandma, one of my best friends with whom I shared lots of precious moments with. I was so happy to spend time with her during her final moments even when she could not speak. I laid next to her, played with her hair, sang to her and demanded kisses. She was a diabetic and got her first leg amputated, which she seemed to be able to handle just fine. She told me lots of things from her past, I read old letters and she remembered all of them when they arrived. Some were filled with juicy gossip, some family drama and I loved every minute of it. I also opened up to her about a lot of things that was happening in my life and it felt so good being so close to her. Then her second leg got amputated and I saw that she gave up on life itself. Two months later and she was gone. Even after a year it is still very emotional for me to write this post. After her burial I went to South Africa and got all into crystals and crystal therapy which helped a lot. I also got into beading while there because I find crafting very therapeutic. I will post some of my pieces for you guys to see. I know some of you have been stopping by to look out for new stuff so I ask for you to forgive my lack of postings. I will make up for it . . . I promise. Thanks for sticking with me also join the fan page on facebook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello Maya,

so good to see you keeping it real.taking time out to talk and write.truly proud of you as a st.lucian woman.please come to st lucia to speak to young aspiring models about the joys and stuggles.would you do that for me?

Unknown said...

Deep..... Saturday was 11 years since my Grandmother passed away... She was soo much to us and the only comfort that I have is that she's no longer in diabetic pain.... She's waiting for us to join her when Christ comes back and your Grandmother is doing the same xxx Take great care of yourself and remain YOU :)

SERIOUS BOK said...

My condolences to you & your family. Stay strong.